Tuesday, October 19, 2010

toeing the line

where exactly is that line at which i should start caring about what clothes i let my child leave the house wearing, versus the self-esteem building principle of letting her choose her own outfit??
have we crossed that line? i'm not sure which side of the line we're on, but we're toeing it all the same. i happen not to care so much about what she picks out so long as it's weather-appropriate and somewhat activity-appropriate. i almost reconsidered that philosophy when she walked out this morning. however, i let it/her go. and biased as i may be, she's still gorgeous. needless to say, my girl has no self-esteem problems! ;)

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, great self-esteem, and her own sense of style...yep, you're gonna have your hands full with this one! But you'll love her all along the way, and she'll be a lovely, radiant young woman like her Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How adorable. That is so funny and so cute. Hopefully soon she'll develop your sense of style!
    Love,
    Mama

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is just PRECIOUS!!

    The only thing I can think of is to vocalize while you are choosing YOUR clothes how you decide what to wear and what matches and why. Though, actually, I think she did a lovely job. Sign her up for project runway!!
    I can't wait to see her Thanksgiving ensemble!!
    love you, Connie

    ReplyDelete
  4. she's normally not that stylistically-challenged...if that's a word. sometimes it's perfect...other times it's all the same color (so she understands matching...just doesn't always get the contrasting/enhancing-matching). then there are days when she wants to wear what she wants to wear no matter what it looks like. but then, that's my girl. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. crack me up!! I love it! Reminds me of Lisa Amman. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can only say....she is just PERFECTLY BEAUTIFUL! ! ! (IN WHATEVER)
    I can't imagine that any of her friends will do any better that she would
    Anyway...nowadays...the young teens I've noticed lately don't seem to care what matches anyway....like we used to. Actually, I think, they think it looks better to mix...and mix.
    Perhaps she will start a new trend in her age group. I'll bet she will be a leader in all things.
    love,
    Meema

    ReplyDelete
  7. love it. she is a true fashionista. prints are in!!! love you, sassy sierra!! xo aunt devlin

    ReplyDelete